Thursday, September 11, 2008

A New Day Dawns!!!

Wednesday night, 10:00 pm. I had checked with my advisory panel (my wife and Sparky), and we had a plan set in place for replacing the late, great Tom Brady on the MnBJ's. First, we were going to hope that Strongbadia, who sat #1 over us in the waiver order, didn't take Matt Cassel. (Yes, Matt Cassel was, and is, our number option. You'll see.) If Strongbadia did take Cassel, we had a trade set in motion to give them Ryan Grant for Phillip Rivers. Now at this point Strongbadia has no idea of our interest in Cassel, or at least that he is #1 option. So we would slow play the game, make Strongbadia think Phillip Rivers wasn't enough for Ryan Grant in hopes we could get Cassel part of the deal without showing we were too interested in him. I went to bed last night with this weighing heavily on my mind (Not really, I fell asleep thinking how awesome Carlos Pena's 3-run homer in the 14th inning to beat the Red Sox was.) But, subconsciously I woke up shortly after three am scrambling for my blackberry to see if indeed I got Cassel at the 3 am waiver deadline. I DIDN'T! Something was wrong! Did Strongbadia some how sneak into my offices in the wee hours of the night and find out our strategy? I fell back asleep suspecting "Cassel-gate". I woke up hoping for some odd reason the system had been slow. I checked my phone. Indeed! I immediately called my assistant to send out the company jet to meet Cassel at Foxboro.

No comments: