Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Are you FREAKING kidding me?!?!

Just as my dream season was about to begin with my boy Tom at the helm of my fantasy team, it ended. But I'm not gonna cry... WHY TOM?! WHY?!
Alright, I'm okay now. Sorry about that. Here is my week 1 recap and analysis:

Waxmen def. Blue Jays, 67-51
Do I really need to talk about what happened here? Tom Brady out for the season. My two best rb's combine for 49 points on my bench. The Titans' D/ST is good. My optimal points were over a hundred.

Schfifty-fivers def. Koala, 74-67
Frank Gore and the ageless Brett Favre led Katie's team to victory, while Tory Holt and Todd Heap definitely didn't help Justin's cause. Justin, you need to have more faith in your Bears. You left Matt Forte on your bench in favor of an old Tory Holt on a bad team.

Flying Dutchmen def. JediFury, 91-49
Welcome to our league, Rachael. I assure you, i won't be this easy every week. Drew Brees and your combo of five players with 10 or more points is pretty hard to beat. Dave never stood a chance, even with Phillip Rivers and Cardinals D/ST on the bench.

Nasty Giraffe's def. Playmakers, 87-64
I never liked giraffes much. I'm pretty sure Brad's not a big fan either. Seriously, what's up with the newcomer success? Adam's rb duo pretty much won this one for him. Brad left Aaron Rodgers on his bench in favor of Peyton Manning. What was he thinking?

Viser def. Playaz, 79-71
The first family battle of the year went narrowly in Ryan's favor. Reggie Bush looks pretty good in this young season with 24 points for Ryan. Alex, I feel your pain, thinks are looking up for ya bro.
RVers def. Insane Asylum, 73-59
Our defending champs kept with their winning ways as they were able to outdo Andy's two-man-Eagle-backfield attack.

League Notes:
  • Anyone interested is invited to our house on Sunday afternoons to watch games. We purchased the NFL Sunday Ticket for the season and Katie and I would love to have you.
  • Make use of the new "Trading Block" feature. It's a pretty cool way to show your wants and haves to other teams.


No comments: