Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Some Things Are Just Meant To Be

Dave, although you made a huge error by not starting Westbrook which would have sealed a victory for you, you're in the playoffs. Maybe it's better this way, maybe not. Irregardlessly, whoever plays Alex in the first round is going to be essentially a scout team for him until his boys cool off a little bit. But at least you've learned this: "Never bench your "guys"... unless of course they're projected to scored 5 points or less."

So to the rest of you playoff-ers, welcome! It's good to see you from this side of the wall. Maybe you haven't noticed, but I haven't spent much time at the grown-up table in the last few years. I hardly know how to act. Alex, could you please pass the tomato juice? Dave, hand me that celery! Has anyone seen any tobasco sauce?

Here are the predictions, minus my own... to keep the peace here at home:

#1 Alex v. #8 Dave
Rough matchups, except Warner and maybe Marshall will hurt Dave's chances of pulling the upset and beating the RB tandem in VB. Stat: Alex has scored more than 76 points each of the last 5 weeks, Dave has once.

#2 Tim v. #7 George
The defending champ versus the new guy. I like George's chances with wildcards like: Peyton Manning, Adrian Peterson and Ronnie Brown. But Tim's team has been tried and true all year long, never being incredible, but constant. If I was a betting man, I would take George in a surprise landslide. But, I don't bet... Tim in a Monday-Night-Nail-Biter.

#3 Katie v. #6 Jay
I Love You Honey!!!

#4 Rachael v. #5 Ryan
Mark my words, "This game will be won, or lost, by Tony Romo". In my opinion, the 'Boys aren't quite back yet, causing Ryan to exit in the first round for the second year in a row. But, I'm not a betting man...

The Consolation Ladder:
Looks just as scary as the playoff bracket, I'd say this one belongs to Andy... maybe Brad. or Justin... but don't count out Adam.

No comments: